Source: Philippine Information Agency (Manila)
The Philippines Presidential Palace's Communications Secretary, Herminio Coloma Jr, has announced Proclamation 1254, declaring Monday, May 9, 2016, the date of the upcoming Philippines' national and local elections, as another additional special public non-working holiday throughout the Philippines.
Similar electoral public holidays were declared on the occasion of the past elections (23-Apr-2013, 18-Mar-2010, 25-Apr-2007 and 06-May-2004), and today's announcement that Monday, May 9, 2016, had been declared as an additional special public non-working holiday throughout the Philippines ("Now, therefore, I, Benigno S. Aquino, III, President of the Philippines, by virtue of the powers vested in me by law do hereby declare Monday, 9 May 2016, as a special public (non-working) holiday throughout the country."), thus amends the list of 2016 public holidays in the Philippines, as released last summer (26-Aug-2015), in Proclamation No. 1105, s. 2015.
Related links and worldwide public holidays news updates:
• Philippines bank holidays and public holidays (news and updates)
bank holidays and public holidays news updates (April 2016)
Philippines 2018 bank holidays and public holidays (current year)
Philippines 2019 bank holidays and public holidays (next year)
Philippines 2020 bank holidays and public holidays
Philippines 2021 bank holidays and public holidays
Philippines 2022 bank holidays and public holidays
• 2015-08-26: Philippines 2016 Public Holidays Announced
• 2013-04-23: Philippines Public Holiday May 13
• 2010-03-18: Philippines Declares May 10 Public Holiday
• 2007-04-25: Philippines Declares Public Holiday For Mid-Term Elections
• 2004-05-06: Philippines Election Public Holiday On May 10