Source: Philippine Information Agency (Manila)
Philippines President, Rodrigo Duterte, had issued Proclamation 235 declaring Monday, June 26, 2017, as the date of the upcoming Eid'l Fitr (End of Ramadan) annual non-working public holiday of the Philippines, in accordance with Republic Act 9177.
Last summer (18-Aug-2016), then President Aquino signed Proclamation No. 50, s. 2016 which listed the special and regular public holidays in the Philippines for the calendar year 2017, and included a slot to be filled-in for the Eid'l Fitr (End of Ramadan) non-working public holiday added to the list of Philippines public holidays a decade ago (23-Jan-2002).
Contrary to the announcement of Tuesday, July 29, 2014, as the date of the 2014 Eid'l Fitr annual non-working public holiday in the Philippines (14-Jul-2014), which generated flak from the Muslim Community (17-Jul-2014), we do not expect this year's announced date to do so, as the past 2 years also did not (04-Jul-2016 and 09-Jul-2015).
Related links and worldwide public holidays news updates:
• Philippines bank holidays and public holidays (news and updates)
bank holidays and public holidays news updates (June 2017)
Philippines 2018 bank holidays and public holidays (current year)
Philippines 2019 bank holidays and public holidays (next year)
Philippines 2020 bank holidays and public holidays
Philippines 2021 bank holidays and public holidays
Philippines 2022 bank holidays and public holidays
• 2016-08-18: Philippines 2017 Public Holidays Announced
• 2016-07-04: Philippines End of Ramadan Public Holiday July 6
• 2015-07-09: Philippines End of Ramadan 2015 Announced
• 2014-07-17: Philippines End of Ramadan 2014 Date Question
• 2014-07-14: Philippines End of Ramadan 2014 Announced
• 2002-01-23: Philippines To Make End Of Ramadan A Full Public Holiday