Source: Communiqués de presse de la Présidence de la République d'Haïti (Port-au-Prince)
The Office of Communication of the Presidency of Haiti ("Ministère de la Communication, au nom du Gouvernement de la République") has denied rumours that Monday, October 8, 2018, had been declared a non-working public holiday in Haiti.
Actual one-off public holidays in Haiti, and rumours thereof, have often occurred over the years, related to earthquakes (08-Jan-2016, 10-Jan-2013, 11-Jan-2012 and 10-Feb-2010).
Related links and worldwide public holidays news updates:
• Haiti bank holidays and public holidays (news and updates)
bank holidays and public holidays news updates (October 2018)
Haiti 2019 bank holidays and public holidays (current year)
Haiti 2020 bank holidays and public holidays (next year)
Haiti 2021 bank holidays and public holidays
Haiti 2022 bank holidays and public holidays
Haiti 2023 bank holidays and public holidays
• 2016-01-08: Haiti Rules-Out 2016 Earthquake Public Holiday
• 2013-01-10: Haiti Earthquake Public Holiday Ruled-Out in 2013
• 2012-01-11: Haiti Public Holiday Tomorrow
• 2010-02-10: Haiti Declares February 12 Public Holiday