Source: Philippine Information Agency (Manila)
Philippines' Presidential Executive Secretary, Salvador Medialdea, has announced the declaration of an additional non-working public holiday in the Philippines on Wednesday, March 28, 2018, on account of Holy Wednesday.
Earlier this month (14-Mar-2018), the Mayor of Manila, the capital of the Philippines, Joseph Estrada, has declared Wednesday, March 28, 2018, as a one-off non-working municipal public holiday (23-Oct-2017, 27-Sep-2017, 21-Apr-2017, 03-Jan-2017, 05-Oct-2015, 23-Dec-2014, 18-Jun-2013, 08-Jun-2011, 22-Jun-2010,...) on account of the upcoming annual Holy Wednesday.
The aforementioned declaration of an additional non-working public holiday in the Philippines on Wednesday, March 28, 2018, beginning at noon and only for the public sector, is in addition to the list of 2018 non-working public holidays in the Philippines, as set out in Proclamation No. 269, s. 2017, released this past summer (19-Jul-2017).
• Philippines bank holidays and public holidays (news and updates)
bank holidays and public holidays news updates (March 2018)
Philippines 2019 bank holidays and public holidays (current year)
Philippines 2020 bank holidays and public holidays (next year)
Philippines 2021 bank holidays and public holidays
Philippines 2022 bank holidays and public holidays
Philippines 2023 bank holidays and public holidays
• 2018-03-14: Philippines Public Holiday March 28
• 2017-10-23: Philippines ASEAN Public Holidays November 13-14-15
• 2017-09-27: Philippines October 31 Public Holiday Ruled-Out For Now
• 2017-07-19: Philippines 2018 Public Holidays Announced
• 2017-04-21: Philippines ASEAN Public Holidays April 27-28
• 2017-01-03: Philippines Public Holiday January 9
• 2015-10-05: Philippines Extends APEC 2015 Public Holidays
• 2014-12-23: Philippines 2015 Papal Public Holidays Official
• 2013-06-18: Philippines Public Holiday June 24
• 2011-06-08: Philippines Declare June 24 Public Holiday
• 2010-06-22: Philippines Declares June 24 Public Holiday In Capital