Source: Oficina de Administración y Transformación de los Recursos Humanos en el Gobierno de Puerto (OATRH)
The director of the Office of Administration and Transformation of Human Resources of the Government of Puerto Rico (OATRH), Nydza Irizarry Algarín, has released a statement ruling-out the rumoured upcoming declaration of July 25 and 27, 2018, as one-off government public sector holidays in Puerto Rico.
The aforementioned statement ("con el objetivo de clarificar cualquier duda relacionada a los días 25 y 27 de julio de 2018, es preciso señalar que estos días son días laborales, cónsono con el estado de derecho vigente") is in line with the announced (24-Mar-2017) and later amended (28-Apr-2017) list of official non-working 2018 public holidays in Puerto Rico, and previous reduction of the number of annual non-working public sector holidays in Puerto Rico, by lumping 4 of the annual non-working public sector holidays of Puerto Rico into one, the "Día de los Próceres Puertorriqueños" (21-Oct-2015, 29-Jul-2014, 23-Jul-2014, 19-Jul-2014, 01-Jul-2014, 22-May-2014, 12-May-2014 and 19-Mar-2014).
Although the cancellation of the annual July 25 public holiday of Puerto Rico was overturned in the Senate of Puerto Rico, last spring (02-Apr-2018), this reversal never passed Puerto Rico's the House of Representatives and therefore is ineffective.
Note that the cancellation of the July 25 and 27 former public holidays of Puerto Rico is also contained in the recently-released list of the 2019 public holidays in Puerto Rico (19-Jul-2018).
Related links and worldwide public holidays news updates:
• Puerto Rico bank holidays and public holidays (news and updates)
bank holidays and public holidays news updates (July 2018)
Puerto Rico 2019 bank holidays and public holidays (current year)
Puerto Rico 2020 bank holidays and public holidays (next year)
Puerto Rico 2021 bank holidays and public holidays
Puerto Rico 2022 bank holidays and public holidays
Puerto Rico 2023 bank holidays and public holidays
• 2018-07-19: Puerto Rico 2019 Public Holidays Announced
• 2018-04-02: Puerto Rico Senate Votes Public Holidays Reversal
• 2017-04-28: Puerto Rico 2017-2018 Public Holidays Amended
• 2017-03-24: Puerto Rico 2018 Public Holidays Announced
• 2015-10-21: Puerto Rico Public Holidays Reduction Law Amended
• 2014-07-29: Puerto Rico Public Holidays Reduction Becomes Law
• 2014-07-23: Puerto Rico Delays Public Holidays Reduction
• 2014-07-19: Puerto Rico To Enact Public Holidays Reduction Next Week
• 2014-07-01: Puerto Rico House Approves Public Holidays Reduction
• 2014-05-22: Puerto Rico Public Sector Holidays Reduction Momentum
• 2014-05-12: Puerto Rico Public Sector Holidays Reduction Update
• 2014-03-19: Puerto Rico Mulls Public Sector Holidays Reduction