Source: Office of the Prime Minister of the Republic of Uganda (Kampala)
The Electoral Commission of Uganda has announced that it would request that the government of Uganda declare Tuesday, July 10, 2018, as a one-off non-working public holiday in Uganda, "to enable the successful organisation of the Local Council one elections".
Recall that, 2 years ago (09-May-2016, 23-Feb-2016 and 10-Feb-2016), the government of Uganda had declared non-working public holidays in Uganda, on account of the election of Local Government Leaders, the presidential poll, and the swearing-in ceremony for President Yoweri Museveni.
One-off, election-related public holidays are relatively common in Uganda (09-May-2011, 11-Mar-2011, 07-Mar-2011, 21-Feb-2011, and 15-Feb-2011).
Related links and worldwide public holidays news updates:
• Uganda bank holidays and public holidays (news and updates)
bank holidays and public holidays news updates (June 2018)
Uganda 2018 bank holidays and public holidays (current year)
Uganda 2019 bank holidays and public holidays (next year)
Uganda 2020 bank holidays and public holidays
Uganda 2021 bank holidays and public holidays
Uganda 2022 bank holidays and public holidays
• 2018-07-05: Ugandan Public Holiday July 10
• 2016-05-09: Ugandan Public Holiday May 12
• 2016-02-23: Ugandan Public Holiday February 24
• 2016-02-10: Ugandan Public Holiday February 18
• 2011-05-09: Uganda Declares May 12 Public Holiday
• 2011-03-11: Uganda Declares March 14 Public Holiday
• 2011-03-07: Uganda Declares March 11 Regional Public Holiday
• 2011-02-21: Uganda Declares February 23 Public Holiday
• 2011-02-15: Uganda Declares February 18 Public Holiday