Source: Boletim Oficial (República de Cabo Verde)
The government of Cape Verde has declared one off public sector holidays (tolerância de ponto) on Thursday, December 24, and Thursday, December 31, 2009.
This announcement (later confirmed in the Resolução n° 40/2009 de 21 de Dezembro) covers the public sector (funcionários da Administração Central, dos Serviços Desconcentrados do Estado e aos trabalhadores dos Institutos Públicos) and covers both entire days (no dia).
Similar, year-end public holidays are routinely declared in Cape Verde (19-Dec-2008, 15-Dec-2006, 12-Dec-2005, 13-Dec-2004).
In a separate resolution (Resolução n° 42/2009) the government of Cape Verde also declared a one-off public sector holiday for public sector employees in the Island of São Vicente.
Related links and worldwide public holidays news updates:
• Cape Verde bank holidays and public holidays (news and updates)
bank holidays and public holidays news updates (December 2009)
Cape Verde 2017 bank holidays and public holidays (current year)
Cape Verde 2018 bank holidays and public holidays (next year)
Cape Verde 2019 bank holidays and public holidays
Cape Verde 2020 bank holidays and public holidays
Cape Verde 2021 bank holidays and public holidays
• 2016-12-23: Cape Verde 2016-2017 Year-End Public Holidays
• 2015-12-21: Cape Verde 2015-2016 Year-End Public Holidays
• 2014-12-14: Cape Verde 2014-2015 Year-End Public Holidays
• 2010-12-08: Cape Verde 2010 Year-End Public Holidays
• 2008-12-19: Cape Verde 2008-2009 Year-End Public Holidays
• 2006-12-15: Cape Verde 2007-2008 Year-End Public Holidays
• 2005-12-12: Cape Verde 2005-2006 Year-End Public Holidays
• 2004-12-13: Cape Verde 2004 Year-End Public Holidays