Source: La Nación Dominicana (Santo Domingo)
The Secretary of State for Labour of the Dominican Republic, Andrés Valentín Herrera, has announced the official listing of public holidays in the Dominican Republic for the year 2010.
As was the case in recent years (06-Nov-2008, 20-Nov-2007, 06-Dec-2006, and 15-Sep-2005), the list of dates as announced by the Secretary of State follows the 1997 "Ley No. 139-97 mediante la cual los días feriados del calendario que coincidan con los días martes y miércoles, jueves o viernes" (19-Jun-1997).
In addition, the Secretary's statement specifically referred to the recent decree of the Dominican Republic Supreme Court (21-Feb-2008) which declared as unconstitutional, the articles law 139-97, which move the August 16 Restoration Day public holiday to an adjoining Monday.
Related links and worldwide public holidays news updates:
• Dominican Republic bank holidays and public holidays (news and updates)
bank holidays and public holidays news updates (October 2009)
Dominican Republic 2017 bank holidays and public holidays (current year)
Dominican Republic 2018 bank holidays and public holidays (next year)
Dominican Republic 2019 bank holidays and public holidays
Dominican Republic 2020 bank holidays and public holidays
Dominican Republic 2021 bank holidays and public holidays
• 2013-04-01: Dominican Republic 2014 Easter Public Holidays Extended
• 2012-11-27: Dominican Republic 2013 Public Holidays Announced
• 2011-11-01: Dominican Republic 2012 Public Holidays Announced
• 2010-11-04: Dominican Republic 2011 Public Holidays Announced
• 2008-11-06: Dominican Republic 2009 Public Holidays Announced
• 2008-02-21: Dominican Republic Supreme Court Changes Restoration Day Holiday
• 2007-11-20: Dominican Republic 2008 Public Holidays Clarified
• 2006-12-06: Dominican Republic 2007 Public Holidays Announced
• 2005-09-15: Dominican Republic 2006 Public Holidays Announced
• 1997-06-19: Dominican Republic Implements Movable Public Holidays