Source: Bank of Lithuania (Vilnius)
The Government of Lithuania has announced the dates of official public holidays in 2010 in Lithuania.
The announcement maintains last year's cancellation (09-Jan-2009 and 15-Dec-2008) of days in lieu for weekend public holidays, a measure which had been voted by the Seimas in 2005 (20-Dec-2005).
The practice of declaring bridge public holidays, also begun in 2005 (17-Oct-2005), is however maintained.
As such, in 2010, the following bridge public holidays are listed in the aforementioned announcement; February 15, March 12, June 25, and July 5. In compensation, the following Saturdays have been declared regular working days in 2010: February 20, March 20, June 19, and July 10.
Related links and worldwide public holidays news updates:
• Lithuania bank holidays and public holidays (news and updates)
bank holidays and public holidays news updates (December 2009)
Lithuania 2018 bank holidays and public holidays (current year)
Lithuania 2019 bank holidays and public holidays (next year)
Lithuania 2020 bank holidays and public holidays
Lithuania 2021 bank holidays and public holidays
Lithuania 2022 bank holidays and public holidays
• 2017-01-07: Lithuanian 2017 Public Holidays Announced
• 2015-12-20: Lithuanian 2016 Public Holidays Announced
• 2015-01-05: Lithuanian 2015 Public Holidays Announced
• 2010-12-29: Lithuanian 2011 Public Holidays Announced
• 2010-12-13: Lithuania Adds Christmas Eve As Public Holiday
• 2009-01-09: Lithuania Days In Lieu Public Holidays Officially Canceled
• 2008-12-15: Lithuania Considering Abolishing Day In Lieu Public Holidays
• 2005-12-20: Lithuania Formalizes Rules For Public Holidays That Occur On A Weekend
• 2005-10-17: Lithuania Declares October 31 One-Off Bridge Public Holiday