Source: El Faro (Ceuta)
The Presidency of Spain's autonomous region of Ceuta will debate the inclusion of the Eid al-Adha (Feast of Sacrifice) as part of that region's 2 allowed public holidays.
The debate follows yesterday's call by the UDCE (Unión Demócrata Ceutí) for Ceuta to include the Eid al-Adha public holiday, starting in 2010.
As was done in the neighboring region of Melilla (22-Aug-2009), one of the compensations that are proposed, is to cancel the public holidays sometimes afforded when a public holidays falls on a Sunday. In 2010, this could be the August 15 public holiday, which would not see an August 16 compensation public holiday, but rather an Eid al-Adha public holiday, which is expected on November 17, in 2010.
Related links and worldwide public holidays news updates:
• Spain bank holidays and public holidays (news and updates)
bank holidays and public holidays news updates (September 2009)
Spain 2018 bank holidays and public holidays (current year)
Spain 2019 bank holidays and public holidays (next year)
Spain 2020 bank holidays and public holidays
Spain 2021 bank holidays and public holidays
Spain 2022 bank holidays and public holidays
• 2016-07-11: Spain Call For New Ceuta Muslim Public Holiday
• 2013-09-12: Spain Call For Additional Ceuta Muslim Public Holiday
• 2010-11-01: Spain Maintains Muslim Public Holiday Date
• 2010-09-23: Spain Amends Ceuta Public Holidays
• 2009-09-18: Spain's Ceuta Regional Muslim Public Holiday In 2010
• 2009-08-22: Spain Confirms Eid al-Adha Regional Public Holiday