Source: Ministerio de Trabajo República Dominicana (Santo Domingo)
The Ministry of Labour of the Dominican Republic has issued a communiqué confirming that, as per the current public holidays legislation, Thursday, June 19, 2014, would be an official non-working public holiday in the Dominican Republic on account of the upcoming Corpus Christi non-working public holiday.
In addition, the aforementioned communiqué announces that August 16, 2014, will be an official non-working public holiday in the Dominican Republic on account of the upcoming Día de la Restauración non-working public holiday. Recall that a few years ago (21-Feb-2008), the Dominican Republic's Supreme Court declared as unconstitutional, articles 1-2-4 of law 139-97 (19-Jun-1997), which move the August 16 Restoration Day public holiday to the following Monday, whenever it falls on a Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday or Friday. The change in calculation rule took place immediately, but as August 16 fell on a Saturday/Sunday/Monday in 2008/2009/2010, the ruling began to have a concrete effect, only recently (14-Jun-2012 and 14-Aug-2011).
The aforementioned announcements are in line with last fall's official listing of public holidays in the Dominican Republic for the year 2014 (24-Oct-2013).
Related links and worldwide public holidays news updates:
• Dominican Republic bank holidays and public holidays (news and updates)
bank holidays and public holidays news updates (June 2014)
Dominican Republic 2018 bank holidays and public holidays (current year)
Dominican Republic 2019 bank holidays and public holidays (next year)
Dominican Republic 2020 bank holidays and public holidays
Dominican Republic 2021 bank holidays and public holidays
Dominican Republic 2022 bank holidays and public holidays
• 2015-06-03: Dominican Republic Public Holiday June 4
• 2013-10-24: Dominican Republic 2014 Public Holidays Announced
• 2012-06-14: Dominican Republic Public Holiday August 16
• 2011-08-14: Dominican Republic Declares August 16 Public Holiday
• 2008-02-21: Dominican Republic Supreme Court Changes Restoration Day Holiday
• 1997-06-19: Dominican Republic Implements Movable Public Holidays