Source: Uzbek National News Agency (Tashkent)
The President of the Republic of Uzbekistan, Islam Karimov, has signed the Resolution "On announcing 2 January 2015 as a day-off", which declares Friday, January 2, 2015, as a one-off non-working public holiday in Uzbekistan.
Contrary to what happened last time January 2 was declared a one-off non-working public holiday in Uzbekistan (27-Dec-2011), the aforementioned Friday, January 2, 2015, non-working public holiday does not seem to be compensated by having a Satuday declared a regular working day in Uzbekistan.
According the presidential press release, the resolution was adopted "to create favourable conditions for rest of population in connection with celebrations of New Year".
Related links and worldwide public holidays news updates:
• Uzbekistan bank holidays and public holidays (news and updates)
bank holidays and public holidays news updates (December 2014)
Uzbekistan 2017 bank holidays and public holidays (current year)
Uzbekistan 2018 bank holidays and public holidays (next year)
Uzbekistan 2019 bank holidays and public holidays
Uzbekistan 2020 bank holidays and public holidays
Uzbekistan 2021 bank holidays and public holidays
• 2016-12-29: Uzbekistan Public Holiday January 2
• 2016-08-26: Uzbekistan Public Holidays September 1-2-3
• 2016-02-12: Uzbekistan Public Holidays March 6-7-8
• 2015-11-21: Uzbekistan Public Holiday December 7
• 2015-08-27: Uzbekistan Public Holiday August 31
• 2011-12-27: Uzbekistan Additional Public Holiday January 2