Source: The Herald (Harare)
Zimbabwe's Home Affairs Ministers, Ignatius Chombo, has gazetted the annual announcement of the dates for the 2016 non-working public holidays in Zimbabwe in terms of the Zimbabwe Public Holidays and Prohibition of Business Act (Chapter 10:21).
The aforementioned announcement of the dates for the 2016 non-working public holidays in Zimbabwe (General Notice of 2015. Public Holidays 2016), as usual (28-Jul-2014, 29-Jun-2013, 04-Feb-2013 and 01-Aug-2012), does not include any special public holidays that the President has the power to declare ("This list does not include any days which the President may declare to be public holidays in terms of Section 2 (2) of the Public Holidays and Prohibition of Business Act (Chapter 10:21),").
For the 7th year in a row (29-Jun-2013, 01-Aug-2012, 30-Aug-2011, 01-Oct-2010 and 29-Jun-2009) Easter Sunday is listed as an official public holiday (in addition to Good Friday, Easter Saturday and Easter Monday).
Related links and worldwide public holidays news updates:
• Zimbabwe bank holidays and public holidays (news and updates)
bank holidays and public holidays news updates (August 2015)
Zimbabwe 2017 bank holidays and public holidays (current year)
Zimbabwe 2018 bank holidays and public holidays (next year)
Zimbabwe 2019 bank holidays and public holidays
Zimbabwe 2020 bank holidays and public holidays
Zimbabwe 2021 bank holidays and public holidays
• 2017-09-02: Zimbabwe 2018 Public Holidays Gazetted
• 2016-12-20: Zimbabwe Public Holidays December 27 and January 2
• 2016-09-18: Zimbabwe 2017 Public Holidays Gazetted
• 2015-10-25: Zimbabwe 2016 Public Holidays Amended
• 2014-07-28: Zimbabwe 2015 Public Holidays Gazetted
• 2013-06-29: Zimbabwe 2014 Public Holidays Announced
• 2013-02-04: Zimbabwe Releases 2013 Public Holidays
• 2012-08-01: Zimbabwe 2013 Public Holidays Announced
• 2011-08-30: Zimbabwe 2012 Public Holidays Announced
• 2010-10-01: Zimbabwe 2011 Public Holidays Announced
• 2009-06-29: Zimbabwe 2010 Public Holidays Announced