Source: Ministerio del Trabajo de Nicaragua (MITRAB)
Nicaragua's Coordinadora del Consejo de Comunicación y Ciudadanía, Rosario Murillo, has announced that Nicaragua's public sector workers and government services this year close down for 9 and a half consecutive days of public sector holidays in Nicaragua on account of the upcoming Holy Week.
As per the aforementioned, unnumbered, announcement (los trabajadores del Estado salen de vacaciones por la temporada de Semana Santa, este viernes 18 de marzo a mediodía), government services will close on Friday at 12:00 noon, March 18, and re-open on Monday morning, March 28, 2016.
The extension of the annual, 2-day, Easter public holidays to a full week for the public sector is a regular occurrence in Nicaragua (05-Apr-2014, 05-Mar-2013, 24-Mar-2012, 08-Apr-2011, 17-Mar-2010, 20-Mar-2009, and 10-Mar-2008).
The private sector, for its part gets a 4-day non-working public holidays stretching from Thursday to Sunday, March 24-27, 2016.
Related links and worldwide public holidays news updates:
• Nicaragua bank holidays and public holidays (news and updates)
bank holidays and public holidays news updates (March 2016)
Nicaragua 2017 bank holidays and public holidays (current year)
Nicaragua 2018 bank holidays and public holidays (next year)
Nicaragua 2019 bank holidays and public holidays
Nicaragua 2020 bank holidays and public holidays
Nicaragua 2021 bank holidays and public holidays
• 2017-01-09: Nicaraguan Public Holiday January 10
• 2016-03-16: Honduras Public Sector Holidays March 21-27
• 2014-04-05: Indonesian Bank Holiday April 9
• 2013-03-05: Nicaraguan Easter 2013 Public Sector Holidays
• 2012-03-24: Nicaraguan 9-Day Public Sector Holidays
• 2011-04-08: Nicaragua Declares 9-Day Public Sector Holidays
• 2010-03-17: Nicaragua Announces Holy Week Public Sector Holidays
• 2009-03-20: Nicaragua Announces Holy Week Public Holidays
• 2008-03-10: Nicaragua Government Holidays March 15-23