Source: Ministerio del Poder Popular para la Comunicación e Información (Caracas)
Venezuela's president, Nicolás Maduro, has declared the entire upcoming Holy Week 2016, from March 19 until March 27, 2016 inclusively, as non-working public holidays for the Venezuelan public sector as part of another attempt at load shedding.
As Maundy Thursday and Good Friday are already annual public holidays in Venezuela, the aforementioned announcement actually only declares March 21 to 23, 2016, as additional non-working public sector holidays ("Desde el sábado 19 de marzo (...) hasta el Domingo de Resurrección, el 27 de marzo, plan especial de ahorro eléctrico y de agua producto del fenómeno climático El Niño que agudiza la sequía en una parte del continente y a la vez provoca intensas lluvias en otras").
A few years ago (25-Mar-2010), Venezuela's then President, Hugo Chávez, had similarly announced that the entire Holy Week, March 29 to April 2, 2010, had been declared as non-working public holidays in Venezuela, to lighten the load on Venezuela's power grid.
Related links and worldwide public holidays news updates:
• Venezuela bank holidays and public holidays (news and updates)
bank holidays and public holidays news updates (March 2016)
Venezuela 2018 bank holidays and public holidays (current year)
Venezuela 2019 bank holidays and public holidays (next year)
Venezuela 2020 bank holidays and public holidays
Venezuela 2021 bank holidays and public holidays
Venezuela 2022 bank holidays and public holidays
• 2017-12-21: Venezuelan 2017-2018 Year-End Public Holidays Extended
• 2016-05-09: Venezuelan May 2016 Public Holidays Extended Further
• 2016-04-29: Venezuelan April-May 2016 Public Holidays Gazetted
• 2016-04-26: Venezuela Extends April-May 2016 Public Holidays Again
• 2016-04-14: Venezuela Public Holidays April 15-19
• 2016-04-07: Venezuela Extends April-May 2016 Public Holidays
• 2016-03-19: Venezuela Easter 2016 Bank Holidays Not Expanded
• 2016-03-16: Venezuela Easter 2016 Public Holidays Expanded
• 2010-03-25: Venezuela Declares Weeklong Public Holiday