Source: Ministerio de Trabajo República Dominicana (Santo Domingo)
The Ministry of Labour of the Dominican Republic has issued an official communiqué confirming that, as per the current legislation on public holidays in the Dominican Republic, the upcoming "Día de los Santos Reyes" annual non-working public holiday would be moved, in 2017, from its traditional date of January 6, to Monday, January 9, 2017.
The aforementioned announcement is in line with last fall's official listing of public holidays in the Dominican Republic for the year 2017 (06-Nov-2016), and follows the 1997 "Ley No. 139-97 mediante la cual los días feriados del calendario que coincidan con los días martes y miércoles, jueves o viernes" (19-Jun-1997), as amended a few years ago (02-Dec-2014 and 27-Jul-2013) by a bill which was to remove the January 6 and 26 annual non-working public holidays in the Dominican Republic from the scope of the law 139-97 which regulates non-working public holidays in the Dominican Republic. But, that bill never made it to final ratification.
Related links and worldwide public holidays news updates:
• Dominican Republic bank holidays and public holidays (news and updates)
bank holidays and public holidays news updates (January 2017)
Dominican Republic 2018 bank holidays and public holidays (current year)
Dominican Republic 2019 bank holidays and public holidays (next year)
Dominican Republic 2020 bank holidays and public holidays
Dominican Republic 2021 bank holidays and public holidays
Dominican Republic 2022 bank holidays and public holidays
• 2017-01-16: Dominican Republic Public Holiday January 21
• 2016-11-06: Dominican Republic 2017 Public Holidays Announced
• 2014-12-02: Dominican Republic Amends Public Holidays Legislation
• 2013-07-27: Dominican Republic Mid-Week Public Holidays Final
• 1997-06-19: Dominican Republic Implements Movable Public Holidays