Source: Pajhwok Afghan News (Kabul)
Earlier today, the Afghan Lower House of Parliament decided to observe the anniversary of the day when the Red Army was expelled from Afghanistan, as a new annual public holiday across the country.
The aforementioned new annual Afghan non-working public holiday would be observed on the 26th day of Dalwo as per the Afghan calendar (around February 15) to commemorate the victory of Mujahidin against the invading Soviet troops.
This new annual public holiday would occur on dates based on the Afghan solar calendar which was restored as the official calendar of Afghanistan, in 2002 (07-Feb-2002). Two other new annual public holidays, recently enshrined in the Afghan constitution (07-Jan-2004), Independence Day and Victory Day, are also based on the Afghan solar calendar.
Related links and worldwide public holidays news updates:
• Afghanistan bank holidays and public holidays (news and updates)
bank holidays and public holidays news updates (February 2006)
Afghanistan 2019 bank holidays and public holidays (current year)
Afghanistan 2020 bank holidays and public holidays (next year)
Afghanistan 2021 bank holidays and public holidays
Afghanistan 2022 bank holidays and public holidays
Afghanistan 2023 bank holidays and public holidays
• 2017-02-13: Afghanistan Public Holiday February 14
• 2012-02-14: Afghanistan Public Holiday February 15
• 2007-02-14: Afghanistan Adds Soviet Evacuation Public Holiday
• 2004-01-07: Afghanistan New Constitution Includes 2 New Public Holidays
• 2002-02-07: Afghanistan Re-Adopts Solar Calendar