Source: El Tiempo (Tegucigalpa)
The Tourism Minister of Honduras, Ricardo Martínez, has indicated that all three October public holidays, would all be moved to the following Monday, rather than to Easter week.
The same will also apply to the April 14 public holiday (Americas' Day Holiday).
Recall that in the past, it was customary for the public holidays of October 12 (Día de la Raza) and October 21 (Día de las Fuerzas Armadas) to be moved to the Tuesday and Wednesday prior to Easter, to create an extra-long Easter break (24-Feb-2005).
The decree moving some of the fixed-date public holidays to the following Monday dates from 2003 (09-Apr-2003).
• Honduras bank holidays and public holidays (news and updates)
bank holidays and public holidays news updates (April 2006)
Honduras 2019 bank holidays and public holidays (current year)
Honduras 2020 bank holidays and public holidays (next year)
Honduras 2021 bank holidays and public holidays
Honduras 2022 bank holidays and public holidays
Honduras 2023 bank holidays and public holidays
• 2010-04-24: Honduras To Consider Public Holidays Review
• 2009-10-13: Honduras Moves Army Day Public Holiday
• 2007-10-03: Honduras Changes Dates Of October Public Holidays
• 2006-04-04: Honduras Public Sector Holidays April 8-16
• 2005-02-24: Honduras Exchanges October And Easter Public Holidays
• 2003-04-09: Honduras Amends Public Holidays Legislation