Source: O Globo (São Paulo)
According to the presidential agency SEPPIR (Secretaria Especial de Políticas de Promoção da Igualdade Racial) the November 20, Dia Nacional da Consciência Negra, holiday will be observed as a public holiday in over 700 cities throughout Brazil.
Among these 700 cities are the following state capitals: São Paulo, Rio de Janeiro, Manaus, Maceió, Goiânia and João Pessoa. The Federal District (where the country's capital, Brasilia is located) and the region of Bahia, will observe the day as a ponto facultativo.
Recall from 15-Nov-2008 that November 20, 2008, will also be a bank holiday in 303 of the main cities of Brazil, including São Paulo (SP), Rio de Janeiro (RJ), Campinas (SP), Marabá (PA) and Vilhena (RO).
Related links and worldwide public holidays news updates:
• Brazil bank holidays and public holidays (news and updates)
bank holidays and public holidays news updates (November 2008)
Brazil 2018 bank holidays and public holidays (current year)
Brazil 2019 bank holidays and public holidays (next year)
Brazil 2020 bank holidays and public holidays
Brazil 2021 bank holidays and public holidays
Brazil 2022 bank holidays and public holidays
• 2017-12-12: Brazil Black Consciousness Day Public Holiday Update
• 2015-07-06: Brazil Zumbi Public Holiday Update
• 2008-11-21: Brazil Considering Making November 20 A Full National Public Holiday
• 2008-11-15: Brazil Quasi-Nationwide Bank Holiday On November 20