Source: Ghana News Agency (Accra)
The Ministry of the Interior of Ghana has issued a statement confirming that Friday, November 7, 2008, the date when, exceptionally, this year's Farmers' Day will be observed, is not a public holiday.
Confusion over the issue had arisen because, in 2008, the actual Farmers' Day events were moved forward by a full month, to the beginning of November, due to the general elections to be held on December 7, 2008.
But the Ministry of the Interior confirmed that Friday, December 5, 2008, will remain a public holiday, although it will be dissociated from the Farmers' Day events for this year.
A similar dissociation of the Farmers' Day events from the actual Farmers' Day non-working public holiday, has occurred, in the past (26-Nov-2004, 25-Oct-2004 and 27-Oct-2000), as presidential elections in Ghana are set to the fixed date of December 7, every 4 years.
• Ghana bank holidays and public holidays (news and updates)
bank holidays and public holidays news updates (November 2008)
Ghana 2019 bank holidays and public holidays (current year)
Ghana 2020 bank holidays and public holidays (next year)
Ghana 2021 bank holidays and public holidays
Ghana 2022 bank holidays and public holidays
Ghana 2023 bank holidays and public holidays
• 2016-11-03: Ghana Public Holiday November 4
• 2011-11-28: Ghana Public Holiday December 2
• 2010-12-02: Ghana Declares Farmers' Day Public Holiday
• 2009-02-20: Ghana To Add Founders' Day To List Of Public Holidays
• 2008-12-03: Ghana Confirms Date Of Eid al-Adha Public Holiday
• 2004-11-26: Ghana Declares December 3 Public Holiday
• 2004-10-25: Ghana Farmers' Day 2004 Not A Public Holiday
• 2000-10-27: Ghana Farmers' Day 2000 Not A Public Holiday