Source: Sabah Tourism
The government of Malaysia's State of Sabah has finally announced the date of Saturday, October 11, 2008, as replacement for the Malaysia Day and Sabah Head of State mid-September public holidays which were postponed this year due to their occurrence during the Muslim month of Ramadan.
As we reported in our post of September 1 (01-Sep-2008), the State of Penang has announced that it would celebrate the September 16 Malaysia Day public holiday, beginning in 2009. In addition, four other states controlled by the PKR, Parti Keadilan Rakyat (Kedah, Perak, Selangor and Kelantan) have indicated that they may declare September 16 as an annual public holiday.
Related links and worldwide public holidays news updates:
• Malaysia bank holidays and public holidays (news and updates)
bank holidays and public holidays news updates (October 2008)
Malaysia 2018 bank holidays and public holidays (current year)
Malaysia 2019 bank holidays and public holidays (next year)
Malaysia 2020 bank holidays and public holidays
Malaysia 2021 bank holidays and public holidays
Malaysia 2022 bank holidays and public holidays
• 2011-09-07: Malaysia Postpones September 10 Public Holiday
• 2010-03-09: Malaysian Sabah State Public Holiday Amended
• 2009-09-04: Malaysia Postpones September 12 State Public Holiday
• 2008-09-01: Malaysia Ready To Declare September 16 Public Holiday In As Many As 5 States