Source: Oman News Agency (ONA)
On the occasion of the July 23rd Blessed Renaissance Day, a decision issued yesterday by Sayyid Ali bin Hamoud Al Busaidi, minister of the Diwan of Royal Court and chairman of the Civil Service Council, made Wednesday, July 23, 2008, an official public holiday for the civil service (employees at ministries, public authorities and other departments of the state's administrative apparatus).
Combined with Oman's civil service Thursday/Friday weekly days off, this means that the civil service will be off for 3 consecutive days.
A corresponding decision, also issued yesterday, by Dr Jumah bin Ali bin Juma, minister of manpower, made Thursday, July 24, 2008, an official public holiday for employees of the private sector, in lieu of July 23, presumably to afford the private sector an extended 2-day weekend (the private sector in Oman only has 1 weekly day off, Fridays).
• Oman bank holidays and public holidays (news and updates)
bank holidays and public holidays news updates (July 2008)
Oman 2019 bank holidays and public holidays (current year)
Oman 2020 bank holidays and public holidays (next year)
Oman 2021 bank holidays and public holidays
Oman 2022 bank holidays and public holidays
Oman 2023 bank holidays and public holidays
• 2018-07-15: Omani 2018 Renaissance Public Holiday July 23
• 2017-07-14: Omani 2017 Renaissance Public Holiday July 23
• 2016-07-17: Omani Public Holidays July 23-24
• 2015-07-13: Oman 2015 Eid al-Fitr Public Holidays
• 2014-07-21: Oman 2014 Eid al-Fitr Public Holidays
• 2013-07-17: Omani 2013 Blessed Renaissance Public Holiday
• 2008-07-28: Oman Declares Different Al Israa Wal Miraj Dates For Public And Private Sectors