Source: Office of the Administrator (Indian Ocean Territories)
The Acting Administrator of Australia's Indian Ocean Territories, Stephen Clay, has signed Community Bulletin A08/2009 which officially gazettes Christmas Island public holidays for the calendar year 2010.
In 2010, there will be no conflict whereby, in some previous years, 2 public holidays fell on the same date, which required tinkering with some public holidays dates (see, for example: 13-Aug-2008, 14-Aug-2007, and 31-Aug-2000).
As per the Public and Bank Holidays Act 1972 (WA)(CI) of Western Australia, the aforementioned Community Bulletin was preceded by an official proclamation published in the Government Gazette 05/2009.
Related links and worldwide public holidays news updates:
• Christmas Island bank holidays and public holidays (news and updates)
bank holidays and public holidays news updates (August 2009)
Christmas Island 2018 bank holidays and public holidays (current year)
Christmas Island 2019 bank holidays and public holidays (next year)
Christmas Island 2020 bank holidays and public holidays
Christmas Island 2021 bank holidays and public holidays
Christmas Island 2022 bank holidays and public holidays
• 2014-08-21: Christmas Island 2015 Public Holidays Announced
• 2013-09-27: Christmas Island 2014 Public Holidays Announced
• 2012-09-10: Christmas Island 2013 Public Holidays Announced
• 2011-08-22: Christmas Island 2012 Public Holidays Announced
• 2008-08-13: Christmas Island Announces Chinese New Year Public Holiday Change Of Date
• 2007-08-14: Christmas Island Changes 2008 Labour Day Public Holiday
• 2000-08-31: Christmas Island Changes 2001 Labour Day Public Holiday