Source: The Arab Times (Kuwait City)
Kuwait's National Assembly approved, in its first reading, the new private sector labor law which would align private sector public holidays, and their duration, on the public sector holidays schedule.
The bill was passed in commission in February (03-Feb-2009) and was supposed to be voted by the beginning of March (18-Feb-2009), but the bill's consideration was postponed due to the ensuing of Kuwait's Cabinet resignation and dissolution of its Parliament.
The second reading of the current bill will occur in the next legislative round, which starts on October 28, 2009. The law would become effective only after the second reading.
• Kuwait bank holidays and public holidays (news and updates)
bank holidays and public holidays news updates (August 2009)
Kuwait 2019 bank holidays and public holidays (current year)
Kuwait 2020 bank holidays and public holidays (next year)
Kuwait 2021 bank holidays and public holidays
Kuwait 2022 bank holidays and public holidays
Kuwait 2023 bank holidays and public holidays
• 2009-11-21: Kuwait Bill Settles For 11 Common Public Holidays
• 2009-11-12: Kuwait Labor Law Amendments Update
• 2009-09-16: Kuwait Confirms Week-Long End of Ramadan Public Holidays
• 2009-02-18: Kuwait Labour Law Amendments To Reach Assembly By March 3
• 2009-02-03: Kuwait Revises Private Sector Labor Law