Source: The New Straits Times (Seremban)
The Chief Executive (Menteri Besar) of Malaysia's State of Negeri Sembilan, Datuk Seri Mohamad Hasan, has finally announced the date of this year's transitional State public holiday as October 26, instead of the previous years' date of July 19.
Recall that, earlier this year, the State public holiday of July 19, corresponding to the former ruler's birthday had been moved to January 14, the birthday of the new ruler, Tuanku Muhriz Ibni Almarhum Tuanku Munawir, but only starting in 2010 (14-Jan-2009).
At that time, it was announced that the date for 2009 would not be January 14, since the new ruler's 2009 birthday fell in the middle of the mourning period for the former ruler.
• Malaysia bank holidays and public holidays (news and updates)
bank holidays and public holidays news updates (April 2009)
Malaysia 2019 bank holidays and public holidays (current year)
Malaysia 2020 bank holidays and public holidays (next year)
Malaysia 2021 bank holidays and public holidays
Malaysia 2022 bank holidays and public holidays
Malaysia 2023 bank holidays and public holidays
• 2011-09-07: Malaysia Postpones September 10 Public Holiday
• 2010-01-23: Malaysia Public Holiday Today In Johor
• 2009-10-20: Malaysia Confirms October 26 Negeri Sembilan Public Holiday
• 2009-09-04: Malaysia Postpones September 12 State Public Holiday
• 2009-01-14: Malaysia Changes Date Of Negeri Sembilan State Public Holiday