Source: Bernama (Seremban)
The Chief Executive (Menteri Besar) of Malaysia's State of Negeri Sembilan has announced that, following the recent death of its ruler (Yang di-Pertuan Besar) the State public holiday of July 19, corresponding to the former ruler's birthday would be moved to January 14, the birthday of the new ruler, Tuanku Muhriz ibni Almarhum Tuanku Munawir.
However, the January 14 State public holiday will only begin in 2010, as this year, the date is in the middle of the mourning period for the former ruler, Tuanku Ja'afar ibni Al-Marhum Tuanku Abdul Rahman.
In 2009, there will be a State public holiday, but neither on January 14 nor July 19.
According to State Chief Executive, Seri Mohamad Hasan, the 2009 State public holiday will be at the end of the year, to coincide with the installation ceremony of the new Yang Di-Pertuan Besar Negeri Sembilan, at a date still to be determined.
Related links and worldwide public holidays news updates:
• Malaysia bank holidays and public holidays (news and updates)
bank holidays and public holidays news updates (January 2009)
Malaysia 2018 bank holidays and public holidays (current year)
Malaysia 2019 bank holidays and public holidays (next year)
Malaysia 2020 bank holidays and public holidays
Malaysia 2021 bank holidays and public holidays
Malaysia 2022 bank holidays and public holidays
• 2011-09-07: Malaysia Postpones September 10 Public Holiday
• 2009-10-20: Malaysia Confirms October 26 Negeri Sembilan Public Holiday
• 2009-09-04: Malaysia Postpones September 12 State Public Holiday
• 2009-04-23: Malaysia Announces Negeri Sembilan State Public Holiday Date