Source: Khaleej Times (Muscat)
The government of Oman has declared Saturday, July 25, 2009, a public holiday for both the private and public sectors to mark this year's Renaissance Day Anniversary holiday.
The public holiday for the government and private sectors were declared in statements by Sayyid Ali bin Hamoud Al Busaidi, Minister of Diwan of Royal Court and Chairman of the Civil Service Council, and Minister of Manpower Shaikh Abdullah bin Nassir Al Bakri.
The Sultanate of Oman marks Renaissance Day every year on July 23, the day on which Sultan Qaboos assumed power in 1970, but as this year's anniversary falls on a Thursday (part of Oman's weekend), it seems that the government of Oman felt the need for a day in lieu public holiday on the following working day, Saturday, July 25.
• Oman bank holidays and public holidays (news and updates)
bank holidays and public holidays news updates (July 2009)
Oman 2019 bank holidays and public holidays (current year)
Oman 2020 bank holidays and public holidays (next year)
Oman 2021 bank holidays and public holidays
Oman 2022 bank holidays and public holidays
Oman 2023 bank holidays and public holidays
• 2018-07-15: Omani 2018 Renaissance Public Holiday July 23
• 2017-07-14: Omani 2017 Renaissance Public Holiday July 23
• 2016-07-17: Omani Public Holidays July 23-24
• 2015-07-13: Oman 2015 Eid al-Fitr Public Holidays
• 2014-07-21: Oman 2014 Eid al-Fitr Public Holidays
• 2013-07-17: Omani 2013 Blessed Renaissance Public Holiday