Source: The Daily Times (Karachi)
The government of Pakistan's Sindh Province has declared tomorrow, Saturday, April 4, 2009, a one-off public holiday to commemorate the 30th death anniversary of PPP founder and former Prime Minister Zulfikar Ali Bhutto.
The communique did stress, however, that all educational institutions would remain open on that public holiday.
In March of last year, the parliamentary party of the PPP had already demanded that April 4 And December 27, the death anniversaries of Zulfikar Ali Bhutto and Benazir Bhutto, respectively, be declared national holidays (30-Mar-2008).
For the moment, though, the anniversary of the death of his daughter, Benazir Bhutto, was made an annual provincial public holiday in Sindh, late last year (17-Dec-2008), as was the date of her Chelum (06-Feb-2008).
Related links and worldwide public holidays news updates:
• Pakistan bank holidays and public holidays (news and updates)
bank holidays and public holidays news updates (April 2009)
Pakistan 2018 bank holidays and public holidays (current year)
Pakistan 2019 bank holidays and public holidays (next year)
Pakistan 2020 bank holidays and public holidays
Pakistan 2021 bank holidays and public holidays
Pakistan 2022 bank holidays and public holidays
• 2014-04-03: Pakistan Sindh Public Holiday April 4
• 2013-04-02: Pakistan Regional Public Holiday April 4
• 2011-10-23: Pakistan Public Holiday Tomorrow
• 2008-12-17: Pakistan's Sindh Declares New Annual Public Holiday
• 2008-03-30: Pakistan's PPP Demands April 4 And December 27 Public Holidays
• 2008-02-06: Pakistan Public Holiday In Many Regions For Benazir Bhutto's February 7 Chehlum