Source: GMANews (Manila)
Philippines' President Gloria Macapagal Arroyo has signed Proclamation No. 1752, which declares April 11, 2009, Black Saturday, as a special non-working public holiday.
This was done so that the many who are obliged to work on Saturdays could enjoy a longer weekend, since April 9 and 10 (Maundy Thursday and Good Friday) are already regular public holidays.
Although Black Saturday, the day before Easter, is not an official public holiday, it is regularly declared as such at the last minute, for the reasons given above (13-Mar-2008, 07-Apr-2006, and 15-Mar-2005).
Related links and worldwide public holidays news updates:
• Philippines bank holidays and public holidays (news and updates)
bank holidays and public holidays news updates (April 2009)
Philippines 2019 bank holidays and public holidays (current year)
Philippines 2020 bank holidays and public holidays (next year)
Philippines 2021 bank holidays and public holidays
Philippines 2022 bank holidays and public holidays
Philippines 2023 bank holidays and public holidays
• 2012-04-02: Philippines Public Holiday April 7
• 2010-03-27: Philippines Declare April 3 Public Holiday
• 2008-03-13: Philippines Declares March 22 Public Holiday
• 2006-04-07: Philippines Public Holiday On April 15
• 2005-03-15: Philippines Declares March 23 and 26 Public Holidays