Source: Zawya (Jeddah)
The board of directors of the Saudi Arabia's Jeddah Chamber of Commerce and Industry (JCCI) has reversed yesterday's decision to change its weekend to Fridays and Saturdays.
A number of Gulf countries have changed their official weekly holidays to Fridays and Saturdays from Thursdays and Fridays (31-May-2006 and 02-Aug-2006), but despite repeated calls (02-Sep-2007), Saudi Arabia has to date not followed suit.
In Saudi Arabia, as in most of the Gulf States, private sector companies do not give their staff more than one weekly day off. Employees in the public sector, however, enjoy a two-day weekend.
• Saudi Arabia bank holidays and public holidays (news and updates)
bank holidays and public holidays news updates (April 2009)
Saudi Arabia 2019 bank holidays and public holidays (current year)
Saudi Arabia 2020 bank holidays and public holidays (next year)
Saudi Arabia 2021 bank holidays and public holidays
Saudi Arabia 2022 bank holidays and public holidays
Saudi Arabia 2023 bank holidays and public holidays
• 2013-04-22: Saudi Arabian Weekend Change Progresses
• 2012-04-01: Saudi Arabia Considers Weekend Change
• 2011-02-22: Saudi Arabia Declares February 26 Public Holiday
• 2007-09-02: Saudi Arabia Business Community Calling For Change To Weekend Definition
• 2006-08-02: Bahrain To Change Weekend Days To Friday-Saturday
• 2006-05-31: UAE Changes Weekends To Friday-Saturday