Source: Interfax (Kiev)
The Cabinet of Ministers of the Ukraine has passed a resolution specifying the official list of 2010 public holidays.
As was done in the past (10-Dec-2008, 29-Nov-2007, and 23-Dec-2005), a series of bridge public holidays was declared in early January 2010, to be compensated by corresponding working Saturdays.
For 2010, the days of Monday, January 4, Tuesday, January 5, Wednesday, January 6, and Friday, January 8, have been declared non-working public holidays. In compensation, the following Saturdays have been declared regular working days in 2010; January 30, February 13, February 27, and March 13.
Additionally, a bridge public holiday was declared for Monday, August 23, 2010, to be compensated by a regular working day on Saturday, August 21, 2010.
As per custom, the Resolution On The Postponement Of Working Days In 2010 applies to all enterprises, institutions and organizations, apart from the Pension Fund, Ukrposhta, the State Treasury and banks (20-Dec-2008).
Related links and worldwide public holidays news updates:
• Ukraine bank holidays and public holidays (news and updates)
bank holidays and public holidays news updates (November 2009)
Ukraine 2019 bank holidays and public holidays (current year)
Ukraine 2020 bank holidays and public holidays (next year)
Ukraine 2021 bank holidays and public holidays
Ukraine 2022 bank holidays and public holidays
Ukraine 2023 bank holidays and public holidays
• 2009-12-17: Ukraine Declares Additional January 2010 Bank Holidays
• 2008-12-20: Ukraine Announces January Bank And Public Holidays
• 2008-12-10: Ukraine Announces 2009 Public Holidays
• 2007-11-29: Ukraine Declares January 1-7 Public Holidays
• 2005-12-23: Ukraine Declares January 1-9 Christmas Public Holidays