Source: Australian Broadcasting Corporation (Perth)
The Premier of Australia's State of Western Australia, Colin Barnett, has announced that next year's Queen's Birthday public holiday would be moved from its scheduled date of Monday, October 3, 2011, to Friday, October 28, 2011.
Friday, October 28, 2011, corresponds to the first day of next year's Commonwealth Heads of Government Meeting (CHOGM). In 2007, the APEC meeting in Sydney had been declared a local public holiday (26-Jun-2007).
Both the CHOGM and APEC meetings often give rise to public holidays on the first day they occur (15-Nov-2007, 26-Nov-2009, 07-Feb-2008, and 12-Sep-2006).
• Australia bank holidays and public holidays (news and updates)
bank holidays and public holidays news updates (November 2010)
Australia 2019 bank holidays and public holidays (current year)
Australia 2020 bank holidays and public holidays (next year)
Australia 2021 bank holidays and public holidays
Australia 2022 bank holidays and public holidays
Australia 2023 bank holidays and public holidays
• 2013-11-11: Sri Lanka CHOGM Public Holiday Clarified
• 2013-10-05: Sri Lanka Mulls CHOGM Public Holiday
• 2009-11-26: Trinidad and Tobago Declares CHOGM Public Sector Holiday
• 2008-02-07: Peru Declares 6 Public Holidays For Upcoming ALC-UE And APEC Summits
• 2007-11-15: Uganda Declares November 22-23 CHOGM Public Holiday
• 2007-06-26: Australia APEC Public Holiday Clarification
• 2006-09-12: Australia One-Off APEC Summit Public Holiday In 2007