Source: The Bhutan Observer (Thimphu)
Bhutan's Chief Election Commissioner, Dasho Kunzang Wangdi, has announced that the long-delayed local government (LG) elections, and the public holiday associated with them, would be on Friday, January 21, 2011.
Earlier this year (21-Jan-2010), Commissioner Wangdi, had announced that the local government elections would be postponed "until the fall of 2010".
The 2007 Bhutan Election Bill enshrines the principle of declaring one-off electoral public holidays on the date of any election to the National Parliament or to Local Government (01-Sep-2007).
Related links and worldwide public holidays news updates:
• Bhutan bank holidays and public holidays (news and updates)
bank holidays and public holidays news updates (December 2010)
Bhutan 2019 bank holidays and public holidays (current year)
Bhutan 2020 bank holidays and public holidays (next year)
Bhutan 2021 bank holidays and public holidays
Bhutan 2022 bank holidays and public holidays
Bhutan 2023 bank holidays and public holidays
• 2018-10-12: Bhutan DNT Vows Public Holidays Review
• 2018-02-17: Bhutan Public Holiday April 20
• 2016-08-10: Bhutan Public Holiday September 27
• 2010-01-21: Bhutan Elections Postponed To After August
• 2007-09-01: Bhutan Codifies Public Holidays On Election Days