Source: Presidencia de la República (Quito)
The government of Ecuador, through its Minister of Tourism, Freddy Elhers, has announced that Friday, December 31, 2010, had been declared a one-off public holiday throughout Ecuador.
Contrary to what happened last time a one-off public holiday was declared (14-Oct-2010), the aforementioned decree (Decreto Ejecutivo No. 597, de fecha 22 de diciembre de 2010) stipulates that this additional public holiday is to be compensated by both the private sector and the public sector having to work on Saturday, January 8, 2011 ("Las instituciones públicas y privadas recuperarán este feriado, el día 8 de enero").
• Ecuador bank holidays and public holidays (news and updates)
bank holidays and public holidays news updates (December 2010)
Ecuador 2019 bank holidays and public holidays (current year)
Ecuador 2020 bank holidays and public holidays (next year)
Ecuador 2021 bank holidays and public holidays
Ecuador 2022 bank holidays and public holidays
Ecuador 2023 bank holidays and public holidays
• 2011-12-16: Ecuador January 2 Public Holiday Announced
• 2011-09-22: Ecuador Declares 5-day Public Holidays
• 2010-12-22: Bolivia Rules-Out Year-End Public Holidays
• 2010-10-14: Ecuador Adds November Public Holiday