Source: Ghana News Agency (Accra)
Ghana's Ministry of the Interior, Martin Amidu, has declared Friday, December 3, 2010, National Farmers' Day, as a statutory public holiday.
Such last-minute re-confirmations of public holidays is common in Ghana, in particular for the Farmer's Day public holiday, whose date was moved a couple of years ago (06-Nov-2008).
Every 4 years (25-Oct-2004 and 27-Oct-2000), the Farmers' Day events are dissociated from the date of the actual Farmers' Day non-working public holiday, as presidential elections in Ghana are set to the fixed date of December 7, every 4 years. This is not the case this year, but it is expected to be the case again in 2012.
• Ghana bank holidays and public holidays (news and updates)
bank holidays and public holidays news updates (December 2010)
Ghana 2019 bank holidays and public holidays (current year)
Ghana 2020 bank holidays and public holidays (next year)
Ghana 2021 bank holidays and public holidays
Ghana 2022 bank holidays and public holidays
Ghana 2023 bank holidays and public holidays
• 2011-11-28: Ghana Public Holiday December 2
• 2008-11-06: Ghana Clarifies 2008 Farmers' Day Public Holiday Status
• 2004-10-25: Ghana Farmers' Day 2004 Not A Public Holiday
• 2000-10-27: Ghana Farmers' Day 2000 Not A Public Holiday