Source: Philippine Information Agency (PIA)
The Labor and Employment Secretary of the Philippines, Marianito Roque, has announced Proclamation No. 2029, which declares Saturday, April 3, 2010, as a special (non-working) nationwide public holiday.
Proclamation 2029, issued by authority of the President, and signed by Executive Secretary, Leandro R. Mendoza, on March 24, 2010, justifies the declaration of Saturday, April 3, 2010, which falls between Good Friday and Easter Sunday, as a public holiday as follows: "our people must be given the full and uninterrupted opportunity to ponder on the significance of the Holy Week and to properly observe its traditions, without prejudice to public interest".
Although Black Saturday, the day before Easter, was not one of the official 2010 public holidays announced last summer (22-Jul-2009), it is regularly declared as such at the last minute (08-Apr-2009, 13-Mar-2008, 07-Apr-2006, and 15-Mar-2005).
Related links and worldwide public holidays news updates:
• Philippines bank holidays and public holidays (news and updates)
bank holidays and public holidays news updates (March 2010)
Philippines 2019 bank holidays and public holidays (current year)
Philippines 2020 bank holidays and public holidays (next year)
Philippines 2021 bank holidays and public holidays
Philippines 2022 bank holidays and public holidays
Philippines 2023 bank holidays and public holidays
• 2012-04-02: Philippines Public Holiday April 7
• 2010-03-30: Philippines Declares March 31 Half-Day Public Sector Holiday
• 2009-07-22: Philippines 2010 Public Holidays Declared
• 2009-04-08: Philippines Declares April 11 Public Holiday
• 2008-03-13: Philippines Declares March 22 Public Holiday
• 2006-04-07: Philippines Public Holiday On April 15
• 2005-03-15: Philippines Declares March 23 and 26 Public Holidays