Source: Royal Civil Service Commission of Bhutan (Thimphu)
The Royal Bhutan Government has declared a 3-day period of public holidays to coincide with next month's wedding of Bhutan's King Jigme Khesar and Jetsun Puma.
The day of the upcoming royal wedding, Thursday, October 13, 2011, will be a public holiday and will be followed by 2 additional public holidays, until Sunday, October 16, 2011, inclusively.
Three years ago (04-Nov-2008 and 22-Aug-2008) the government of Bhutan had similarly declared the period from Thursday, November 6, to Wednesday, November 12, 2008, as public holidays on the occasion of the coronation of the Fifth Druk Gyalpo (King Jigme Khesar) and Centenary Celebrations of Bhutan.
Related links and worldwide public holidays news updates:
• Bhutan bank holidays and public holidays (news and updates)
bank holidays and public holidays news updates (September 2011)
Bhutan 2019 bank holidays and public holidays (current year)
Bhutan 2020 bank holidays and public holidays (next year)
Bhutan 2021 bank holidays and public holidays
Bhutan 2022 bank holidays and public holidays
Bhutan 2023 bank holidays and public holidays
• 2012-05-12: Spain May 14 Public Holiday Ruled-Out
• 2012-05-04: Luxembourg October 20 Public Holiday Ruled-Out
• 2008-11-04: Bhutan Officially Confirms Week-Long Coronation Public Holidays
• 2008-08-22: Bhutan Coronation And Centenary Holidays Likely To Last 7 Days