Source: Office of Prime Minister Organization (Avarua)
Yesterday, the Cook Islands Parliament approved the declaration of a new annual non-working public holiday on July 6, called "Ra O Te Ui Ariki".
The aforementioned Public Holidays (Ra o te Ui Ariki) Amendment Act 2011 thus amends the Public Holidays Act 1999 (15-Dec-1999), and declares July 6 as a new annual non-working public holiday in the Cook Islands, beginning in 2012.
In addition, the regional gospel day public holidays will no longer be public holidays.
Related links and worldwide public holidays news updates:
• Cook Islands bank holidays and public holidays (news and updates)
bank holidays and public holidays news updates (July 2011)
Cook Islands 2019 bank holidays and public holidays (current year)
Cook Islands 2020 bank holidays and public holidays (next year)
Cook Islands 2021 bank holidays and public holidays
Cook Islands 2022 bank holidays and public holidays
Cook Islands 2023 bank holidays and public holidays
• 2018-01-10: Cook Islands 2018 Public Holidays Announced
• 2017-01-23: Cook Islands 2017 Public Holidays Announced
• 2016-01-26: Cook Islands 2016 Public Holidays Announced
• 2015-01-08: Cook Islands 2015 Public Holidays Announced
• 2014-01-20: Cook Islands 2014 Public Holidays Announced
• 2013-06-03: Cook Islands Amend Public Holiday Act
• 2013-01-27: Cook Islands 2013 Public Holidays Announced
• 2011-11-03: Cook Islands 2012 Public Holidays Announced
• 1999-12-15: Cook Islands Public Holidays Amendments Gazetted