Source: Philippine Information Agency (Manila)
The Philippines' House of Representatives has approved on third and final reading a bill reviving the annual nationwide Arbor Day non-working public holiday.
In the past, Arbor Day was celebrated in the Philippines on June 25. As per the aforementioned bill, the revived Arbor Day will be declared as a public holiday to ensure the active participation of students, out-of-school youth and government employees and the private sector, people's organizations and non-governmental organizations.
It is not yet clear if the date chosen for this new public holiday will be June 25. additionally, this new public holiday must also be approved by the President of the Philippines, not a forgone conclusion (11-Aug-2010).
As an aside, in recent years (28-Mar-2011, 17-Nov-2010, 28-Mar-2010, 12-Nov-2009, 18-Nov-2008, and 12-Mar-2008), Macedonia has systematically declared 2 annual Tree Planting non-working public holidays.
• Philippines bank holidays and public holidays (news and updates)
bank holidays and public holidays news updates (April 2011)
Philippines 2019 bank holidays and public holidays (current year)
Philippines 2020 bank holidays and public holidays (next year)
Philippines 2021 bank holidays and public holidays
Philippines 2022 bank holidays and public holidays
Philippines 2023 bank holidays and public holidays
• 2011-03-28: Macedonia Declares March 31 Public Holiday
• 2010-11-17: Macedonia Declares November 19 Public Holiday
• 2010-08-11: Philippines Cancels August 23 Public Holiday
• 2010-03-28: Macedonia Declares March 30 Tree Planting Public Holiday
• 2009-11-12: Macedonia Declares Tree Planting Public Holiday Tomorrow
• 2008-11-18: Macedonia Tree Planting Public Holiday Tomorrow
• 2008-03-12: Macedonia Tree Planting Public Holiday Today