Source: Government of Saint Kitts and Nevis (Basseterre)
Just after midnight, Nevis Premier-designate, Joseph Parry, declared today, Tuesday, July 12, 2011, as a one-off post-election public holiday.
The aforementioned one-off public holiday was declared after the Nevis Reformation Party (NRP) was returned to power, following a closely-contested election.
Last year, for the first time (26-Jan-2010), a one-off, post-election, public holiday was declared in St. Kitts and Nevis on the occasion of the victory, the day before, of the St. Kitts Nevis Labour Party at the polls.
Prior to last year, Saint Kitts and Nevis had never declared a post-election public holiday, although such post-election public holidays are a common occurrence in many Caribbean countries (30-Dec-2009, 08-Sep-2009, 13-Mar-2009, 05-May-2005, 22-Feb-2005, 21-May-2003, 21-Oct-2003, 27-Nov-2003, and 23-May-1997).
Related links and worldwide public holidays news updates:
• Saint Kitts and Nevis bank holidays and public holidays (news and updates)
bank holidays and public holidays news updates (July 2011)
Saint Kitts and Nevis 2019 bank holidays and public holidays (current year)
Saint Kitts and Nevis 2020 bank holidays and public holidays (next year)
Saint Kitts and Nevis 2021 bank holidays and public holidays
Saint Kitts and Nevis 2022 bank holidays and public holidays
Saint Kitts and Nevis 2023 bank holidays and public holidays
• 2015-02-17: St. Kitts and Nevis Public Holiday February 18
• 2015-01-28: St. Kitts and Nevis February 17 Public Holiday Likely
• 2013-02-20: Grenada Public Holiday February 22
• 2013-01-22: St. Kitts and Nevis Public Holiday Tomorrow
• 2011-09-27: British Virgin Islands Elections November 7
• 2010-01-26: St. Kitts and Nevis Declares Post-Election Public Holiday
• 2009-12-30: Dominica Declares January 4 Public Holiday
• 2009-09-08: Montserrat Declares September 9 Post-Election Public Holiday
• 2009-03-13: Antigua and Barbuda Post-Election Public Holiday
• 2005-05-05: Dominica Public Holiday Tomorrow
• 2005-02-22: Anguilla Declares Post-Election Public Holiday
• 2003-11-27: Grenada Declares November 28 Public Holiday
• 2003-10-21: Grenada Announces November 28 Post-Election Public Holiday
• 2003-05-21: Barbados Declares May 22 Post-Election Public Holiday
• 1997-05-23: Saint Lucia Public Holiday May 24