Source: Agencia Boliviana de Información (La Paz)
Bolivia's Minister of Planning and Development, Viviana Caro Hinojosa, has announced that the Bolivian government was considering the declaration of one-off non-working public holiday(s) during the upcoming national census (Censo Nacional de Población y Vivienda).
The upcoming national census is now expected to take place in November or December 2012.
The possibility of declaring regional public holidays to facilitate the biometric registration of citizens, in view of the December 6, 2009, elections, had been in the news regularly, but the idea was eventually dropped (14-Sep-2009, 11-May-2009, 26-Jun-2009, 30-Jul-2009, and 24-Aug-2009). The last full Bolivian census was in 2001.
Related links and worldwide public holidays news updates:
• Bolivia bank holidays and public holidays (news and updates)
bank holidays and public holidays news updates (June 2012)
Bolivia 2019 bank holidays and public holidays (current year)
Bolivia 2020 bank holidays and public holidays (next year)
Bolivia 2021 bank holidays and public holidays
Bolivia 2022 bank holidays and public holidays
Bolivia 2023 bank holidays and public holidays
• 2012-11-08: Bolivian Census Public Holiday November 21
• 2012-10-12: Bolivia Considering Consultation Public Holiday
• 2009-09-14: Bolivia Confirms Upcoming Census Public Holidays
• 2009-08-24: Bolivia Census Public Holiday Decision Mid-September
• 2009-07-30: Bolivia Census Public Holidays Update
• 2009-06-26: Bolivia Considering Nationwide Census Public Holidays In September
• 2009-05-11: Bolivia Announces Staggered Nationwide Public Holidays