Source: Kenya Broadcasting Corporation (Nairobi)
In the wake of the Kenyan Government's withdrawal of the controversial Constitution Amendment Bill, it has been confirmed that an official non-working public holiday would be declared on the day the next President inauguration.
The next presidential elections in Kenya are expected in March 2013.
Following the last presidential election, a series of violence-related public holidays had been declared in Kenya (03-Jan-2008, 30-Dec-2007, and 20-Dec-2007).
Related links and worldwide public holidays news updates:
• Kenya bank holidays and public holidays (news and updates)
bank holidays and public holidays news updates (June 2012)
Kenya 2017 bank holidays and public holidays (current year)
Kenya 2018 bank holidays and public holidays (next year)
Kenya 2019 bank holidays and public holidays
Kenya 2020 bank holidays and public holidays
Kenya 2021 bank holidays and public holidays
• 2017-09-04: Kenyan Public Holiday Expected October 17
• 2017-08-01: Kenyan Public Holiday August 8
• 2013-03-30: Kenyan Inaugural Public Holiday April 9
• 2013-02-26: Kenyan Electoral Public Holiday March 4
• 2013-02-03: Kenyan Inauguration Public Holidays Dates Announced
• 2013-01-09: Kenyan Calls For Primaries Public Holiday
• 2012-12-12: Kenyan Registration Public Holiday Ruled-Out
• 2012-08-02: Kenyan Inaugural Public Holiday Bill Tabled
• 2008-01-03: Kenya Bank Holiday Today
• 2007-12-30: Kenya December 31 Post-Election Public Holiday
• 2007-12-20: Kenya Declares December 28 National Public Holiday