Source: Liberia Broadcasting System (Monrovia)
The President of Liberia, Ellen Johnson-Sirleaf, has issued a Proclamation declaring Monday, January 16, 2012 as a non-working national public holiday, to be observed throughout the Republic of Liberia.
The aforementioned declaration of Monday, January 16, 2012 as a non-working national public holiday, to be observed throughout the Republic of Liberia, was mad to allow Liberians to attend or watch President Ellen Johnson-Sirleaf being sworn into a second term as President of Liberia.
Last summer (09-Aug-2011), the Government of Liberia, had announced declared Tuesday, August 23, 2011, as a one-off non-working public holiday on account of the National Constitutional Referendum to be held on that date.
And at the beginning of last year (28-Jan-2011), Monday, January 31, 2011, was declared a non-working national public holiday "to afford all eligible Liberians the opportunity to register to enable them to vote" in the January 31, 2011, constitutional referendum.
Prior to 2011, elections-related public holidays were also common in Liberia (23-Nov-2009 and 09-Nov-2009).
Related links and worldwide public holidays news updates:
• Liberia bank holidays and public holidays (news and updates)
bank holidays and public holidays news updates (January 2012)
Liberia 2017 bank holidays and public holidays (current year)
Liberia 2018 bank holidays and public holidays (next year)
Liberia 2019 bank holidays and public holidays
Liberia 2020 bank holidays and public holidays
Liberia 2021 bank holidays and public holidays
• 2017-10-06: Liberia Electoral Public Holiday October 10
• 2015-05-11: Liberian Public Holiday May 11
• 2014-12-15: Liberian Public Holiday December 20
• 2014-07-30: Liberian Ebola Public Holiday August 1st
• 2013-10-09: Liberian New Public Holiday October 11
• 2012-06-20: Liberian Working Public Holiday June 22
• 2012-05-02: Liberian Public Holiday May 3
• 2012-04-23: Liberian Public Holiday April 26
• 2011-08-09: Liberia Declares August 23 Referendum Public Holiday
• 2011-01-28: Liberia Declares January 31 Public Holiday
• 2009-11-23: Liberia Declares November 24 Electoral Public Holiday
• 2009-11-09: Liberia Declares November 10 Electoral Public Holiday