Source: Malta Bankers Association (Valetta)
The Malta Bankers' Association has announced that Monday, April 9, 2012, had been declared a bank holiday, and that, as such, all the banks in Malta would be closed for business on that day.
The aforementioned announcement is in line with the list of bank holidays in Malta for the calendar year 2012, which was released earlier this year (05-Feb-2012).
In previous years, the Malta Bankers' Association had declared bank holidays on a one-off basis (20-Apr-2011, 23-Dec-2009, 10-Apr-2009, and 19-Dec-2008).
Related links and worldwide public holidays news updates:
• Malta bank holidays and public holidays (news and updates)
bank holidays and public holidays news updates (April 2012)
Malta 2019 bank holidays and public holidays (current year)
Malta 2020 bank holidays and public holidays (next year)
Malta 2021 bank holidays and public holidays
Malta 2022 bank holidays and public holidays
Malta 2023 bank holidays and public holidays
• 2012-02-05: Malta 2012 Bank Holidays Announced
• 2011-04-20: Malta Declares April 25 Bank Holiday
• 2009-12-23: Malta Year-End Bank Holidays Update
• 2009-04-10: Malta Bank And Financial Holiday Monday
• 2008-12-19: Malta Declares Year End Bank Holidays