Source: The Jakarta Post (ANTARA)
The Indonesian Coordinating Minister for People's Welfare, Agung Laksono, has announced that Indonesian authorities will soon decide whether to maintain, reduce or do away with the "Cuti Bersama" joint leave public holidays declared annually to extend holidays.
The annual non-working public holidays and joint days of leave (Hari Libur Nasional dan Cuti Bersama) for the upcoming calendar year are usually announced in the early summer (20-Jul-2012, 14-Jul-2011, 15-Jun-2010, 09-Aug-2009, 10-Jun-2008, and 31-May-2007), by Minister of Manpower and Transmigration.
The Cuti Bersama, collective leave days, were introduced after the 2002 Bali bombings (07-Nov-2002) to promote internal tourism as a means to compensate diminishing foreign tourism.
• Indonesia bank holidays and public holidays (news and updates)
bank holidays and public holidays news updates (August 2013)
Indonesia 2019 bank holidays and public holidays (current year)
Indonesia 2020 bank holidays and public holidays (next year)
Indonesia 2021 bank holidays and public holidays
Indonesia 2022 bank holidays and public holidays
Indonesia 2023 bank holidays and public holidays
• 2012-07-20: Indonesian 2013 Public Holidays Gazetted
• 2011-07-14: Indonesia 2012 Public Holidays Gazetted
• 2010-06-15: Indonesia 2011 Public Holidays Gazetted
• 2009-08-09: Indonesia 2010 Public Holidays Gazetted
• 2008-06-10: Indonesia 2009 Public Holidays Gazetted
• 2007-05-31: Indonesia 2008 Public Holidays Gazetted
• 2002-11-07: Indonesia 2002 Public Holidays Amended