Source: Lietuvos Respublikos Uzsienio Reikalu Ministerija (Vilnius)
The Government of Lithuania has announced the dates of official public holidays in Lithuania for the calendar year 2013.
The aforementioned announcement confirms the 2010 declaration of December 24, Christmas Eve, as a new annual public holiday in Lithuania (13-Dec-2010).
The practice of declaring bridge public holidays, compensated by working Saturdays, begun in 2005 (17-Oct-2005), barely maintained 2 years ago (29-Dec-2010), and not applied last year (04-Jan-2012), seems to have been abandoned for good.
Related links and worldwide public holidays news updates:
• Lithuania bank holidays and public holidays (news and updates)
bank holidays and public holidays news updates (January 2013)
Lithuania 2018 bank holidays and public holidays (current year)
Lithuania 2019 bank holidays and public holidays (next year)
Lithuania 2020 bank holidays and public holidays
Lithuania 2021 bank holidays and public holidays
Lithuania 2022 bank holidays and public holidays
• 2017-01-07: Lithuanian 2017 Public Holidays Announced
• 2015-12-20: Lithuanian 2016 Public Holidays Announced
• 2015-01-05: Lithuanian 2015 Public Holidays Announced
• 2014-01-10: Lithuanian 2014 Public Holidays Announced
• 2012-01-04: Lithuanian 2012 Public Holidays Announced
• 2010-12-29: Lithuanian 2011 Public Holidays Announced
• 2010-12-13: Lithuania Adds Christmas Eve As Public Holiday
• 2005-10-17: Lithuania Declares October 31 One-Off Bridge Public Holiday