Source: Palau Government (Koror)
Palau's recently-elected President, Tommy Remengesau Jr., has announced that he would soon issue an Executive Order canceling the annual Memorial Day non-working public holiday which was added to the calendar of official Palau non-working public holidays a couple of years ago.
Memorial Day was added to the list of official Palau public holidays by the Executive Order No. 294 of May 3, 2011, signed by then President, Johnson Toribiong (06-May-2011).
Tommy Remengesau Jr. was subsequently elected as Palau's President last fall (03-Nov-2012), a day which was declared a one-off non-working public holiday in Palau, as had been the date of the previous Presidential election in Palau (03-Nov-2008).
Due to the timing of the announcement, noontime television on the date of this year's Memorial Day public holiday, the cancellation of the annual Memorial Day non-working public holiday in Palau will become effective only in 2014.
• Palau bank holidays and public holidays (news and updates)
bank holidays and public holidays news updates (May 2013)
Palau 2019 bank holidays and public holidays (current year)
Palau 2020 bank holidays and public holidays (next year)
Palau 2021 bank holidays and public holidays
Palau 2022 bank holidays and public holidays
Palau 2023 bank holidays and public holidays
• 2017-12-19: Palau 2018 Public Holidays Announced
• 2016-12-03: Palau 2017 Public Holidays Announced
• 2015-12-29: Palau 2016 Public Holidays Announced
• 2014-12-28: Palau 2015 Public Holidays Announced
• 2014-01-02: Palau 2014 Public Holidays Announced
• 2012-11-03: Palau Public Holiday November 6
• 2011-05-06: Palau Adds Memorial Public Holiday
• 2008-11-03: Palau Declares Election Day Public Holiday