Source: Philippine Information Agency (Manila)
The Philippines House of Representatives has passed House Bill No. 364, which declares July 27 a special one-off non-working public holidays in the Philippines to commemorate the centennial of the Iglesia ni Cristo (INC).
Five years ago (07-Jul-2009), then Philippines President, Gloria Macapagal-Arroyo, had declared July 27 of 2009 and every year thereafter, as "Iglesia ni Cristo Day", a special working holiday.
Later that year (02-Sep-2009 and 04-Sep-2009), Philippines President, Gloria Macapagal Arroyo, had also declared Monday, September 7, 2009, as a non-working public holiday throughout the country to coincide with the funeral of Iglesia Ni Cristo (INC) executive minister Erano "Ka Erdy" Manalo.
Note that a similar bill needs to be introduced in the Philippines Senate and that, in any event, July 27 falls on a Sunday in 2014.
Related links and worldwide public holidays news updates:
• Philippines bank holidays and public holidays (news and updates)
bank holidays and public holidays news updates (March 2014)
Philippines 2018 bank holidays and public holidays (current year)
Philippines 2019 bank holidays and public holidays (next year)
Philippines 2020 bank holidays and public holidays
Philippines 2021 bank holidays and public holidays
Philippines 2022 bank holidays and public holidays
• 2014-07-20: Philippines Declares 2014 INC Public Holiday
• 2014-07-07: Philippines 2014 INC Public Holiday Passes DOJ
• 2014-06-09: Philippines 2014 INC Public Holiday Passes Senate
• 2009-09-04: Philippines INC Public Holiday On September 7
• 2009-09-02: Philippines Could Soon Declare INC Public Holiday
• 2009-07-07: Philippines Declares July 27 Annual Working Public Holiday