Source: Mediafax (Bucharest)
Romanian associations for the promotion of tourism (Asociatia de Promovare Litoral-Delta Dunarii si Federatia Asociatiilor de Promovare Turistice din Romania) has asked the Romanian government to amend the previously-announced list of official non-working public holidays in Romania for the calendar year 2014, with the declaration of another one-off non-working bridge public holiday on Friday, May 2, 2014.
Such additional one-off public holidays declarations are not uncommon in Romania.
Last year (07-Mar-2013), the Romanian Government adopted a resolution declaring Thursday and Friday, May 2 and 3, 2013, as additional one-off non-working public holidays in Romania.
The year before (20-Apr-2012 and 26-Apr-2012), Romania's Prime Minister, Mihai Razvan Ungureanu, announced that Monday, April 30, 2012, would be declared a one-off bridge public holiday, to link the weekend of April 28-29 with the annual May 1st Labour Day non-working public holiday.
• Romania bank holidays and public holidays (news and updates)
bank holidays and public holidays news updates (March 2014)
Romania 2019 bank holidays and public holidays (current year)
Romania 2020 bank holidays and public holidays (next year)
Romania 2021 bank holidays and public holidays
Romania 2022 bank holidays and public holidays
Romania 2023 bank holidays and public holidays
• 2014-04-08: Romania May 2 Public Holiday Update
• 2014-04-03: Romania May 2 Public Holiday Official
• 2014-03-31: Romania May 2 Public Holiday Update
• 2013-03-07: Romanian Public Holidays May 2 and 3
• 2012-04-26: Romanian April 30 Public Holiday Announced
• 2012-04-20: Romania April 30 Public Holiday Considered