Source: Zambia National Broadcasting Corporation (Lusaka)
The Zambian Secretary to the Cabinet, Rowland Msiska, has announced that the Government of Zambia had declared a one-off non-working public holiday on Tuesday, November 11, 2014, the day on which the late President Michael Sata is to be buried.
In recent years, Zambia has often declared one-off non-working public holidays on the occasion of the funeral of past presidents and prime ministers (24-Jun-2011, 14-Dec-2008, 04-Nov-2008, and 26-Aug-2008).
Related links and worldwide public holidays news updates:
• Zambia bank holidays and public holidays (news and updates)
bank holidays and public holidays news updates (November 2014)
Zambia 2018 bank holidays and public holidays (current year)
Zambia 2019 bank holidays and public holidays (next year)
Zambia 2020 bank holidays and public holidays
Zambia 2021 bank holidays and public holidays
Zambia 2022 bank holidays and public holidays
• 2015-10-19: Zambia To Add New Annual Public Holiday
• 2011-06-24: Zambia Declares June 27 Public Holiday
• 2008-12-14: Zambia Day Of National Mourning On December 16
• 2008-11-04: Zambia Declares November 6 National Day Of Mourning
• 2008-08-26: Zambia Declares September 3rd Public Holiday